Earth to Sky is partnering with the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (GTM Research Reserve) to provide a two-day pre-conference virtual workshop, November 5-6, 2020. The workshop is offered in association with the National Association for Interpretation 's annual conference.
Registration deadline: 11/01/2020
The highly interactive workshop will emphasize experiential learning in a collegial, resource-rich environment with peers and scientists.
Together we will
- Explore the science and interpretation of global climate change through the lens of local examples drawn at the GTM Research Reserve
- Hear from scientists, up to date credible information about our planet’s climate system and how human activity is resulting in global warming
- Learn about and sample selected NASA visual resources and hands-on activities for interpreters
- Take a virtual field trip to learn about research on climate-driven changes at the GTM Research Reserve
- Explore effective interpretive strategies and techniques for communicating climate change in a hopeful way
- Exchange ideas about how to apply workshop content in interpretive efforts
- Begin developing the seed of a climate interpretation program/product
Participants will leave with a beginning plan for interpreting climate change in their own work location, armed with an abundance of NASA and NPS resources for climate change communication.
Registration for the full conference is not required in order to register for the pre-conference workshop.
However membership in NAI is required.
Workshop fee $35.
Find out more and register here:
Earth to Sky Regional Workshop in Oklahoma Postponed
This climate communication workshop, initially scheduled for July 15-17, 2020 in Sulphur, Oklahoma, is postponed due to concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic. The organizers will identify a new date once events, travel, and facilities are available again.
The application for the workshop will remain open. Once a new date has been set all applicants will be informed and dates will be posted here as well as on the Earth to Sky listserv.
This workshop is led by a team of Earth to Sky Regional Leaders who graduated from the 2019 Earth to Sky Academy.
Our World is Changing - Do you have the tools to stay relevant?
A Two-day pre-conference workshop on climate science and communication at the 2019 National Association for Interpretation National Conference
November 11-12, 2019
Join us in beautiful Denver, Colorado for this Earth to Sky workshop designed to help you meet the challenges of connecting with visitors on climate change. In our experiential and collaborative learning environment you will learn foundational climate science, engage with scientists and peers, and gain exposure to new technologies.