Where: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center – Greenbelt, MD
When: Postponed due to COVID
A tuition-free course for interpreters, informal educators, and science communicators interested in creating and nurturing regional communities of practice focused on improving climate science communication.
The Earth to Sky Academy is intended for experienced informal educators and climate communication leaders who have a strong commitment to the ETS partnership and to furthering climate literacy within their respective regions.
The purpose of the Academy is to train Regional Leaders who will conduct regional Earth to Sky courses and nurture their own Earth to Sky Regional Community of Practice. Academy content is based on over 15 years of experience and extensive evaluation of the ETS model. Participants will be supported every step of the way, before during and after the course.
Create a network of ETS regional leaders who will:
- Catalyze, nurture, and sustain a regional community of practice of climate science communicators.
- Develop and conduct effective ETS-style professional development events in their region.
- Participate in the ETS Regional Leaders Network to further the mission of ETS.
How to Apply
- Please read the full course announcement
- You must apply as a team of 3 – 5 collaborators. Note that your team must be made up of individuals from a variety of organizations/agencies.
- At least one member of your team must have attended a previous Earth to Sky training event (workshop, course, or mini-course).
As of August 19, 2020, the Academy is postponed until travel becomes safe regarding COVID-19. A new application deadline will be announced once a date for the Academy is set.
To receive updates and further details about the next Academy, join the Academy Interest listserv.
There are many other ways to engage with Earth to Sky. These may strengthen your team’s application.
- View the recording of the July 28, 2020 informational webinar about the Earth to Sky Academy. It features an overview of the Academy, the perspective of an Earth to Sky Regional Leader about the value of attending a previous Academy, and a Q&A session.
- Join our community to gain full access to our extensive archive of ETS training events, webinars and supporting materials; the community directory; and our community-wide listserv.
- Participate in Earth to Sky training events (such as workshops and courses) and webinars. These will be announced on the website and on the community listserv.
- Attend our ETS Chat Series to connect with the community and receive support.
- Please reach out to us with any questions or to consult with us about your plans.
Note: The Instructions and Application form were updated on 7/28/20 to reflect our criteria for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please incorporate these updates into any application you may have already started. There is no need to restart your application.