Earth to Sky is partnering with the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (GTM Research Reserve) to provide a two-day pre-conference virtual workshop, November 5-6, 2020. The workshop is offered in association with the National Association for Interpretation 's annual conference.
Registration deadline: 11/01/2020
The highly interactive workshop will emphasize experiential learning in a collegial, resource-rich environment with peers and scientists.
Together we will
- Explore the science and interpretation of global climate change through the lens of local examples drawn at the GTM Research Reserve
- Hear from scientists, up to date credible information about our planet’s climate system and how human activity is resulting in global warming
- Learn about and sample selected NASA visual resources and hands-on activities for interpreters
- Take a virtual field trip to learn about research on climate-driven changes at the GTM Research Reserve
- Explore effective interpretive strategies and techniques for communicating climate change in a hopeful way
- Exchange ideas about how to apply workshop content in interpretive efforts
- Begin developing the seed of a climate interpretation program/product
Participants will leave with a beginning plan for interpreting climate change in their own work location, armed with an abundance of NASA and NPS resources for climate change communication.
Registration for the full conference is not required in order to register for the pre-conference workshop.
However membership in NAI is required.
Workshop fee $35.
Find out more and register here: